New Jersey barriers
Barriers are standard for all carriageways of greater priority. Their use is standard on medians, as well as on outer edges of perpendicular and hazardous parts of freeways. Steel barriers were used in the past and today on the market there is a growing usage of the innovative system of concrete barriers. This type of barriers can be used as a temporary or permanent safety barrier.
The barrier consists of separate concrete elements of New Jersey profile which is well known worldwide and shows outstanding results at collisions, and they are designed in such a way to reduce the damage on the vehicle in case of a sudden contact with the barrier. Elements can also be used for redirecting traffic and for pedestrian safety in the course of road construction.
The advantages of barriers constructed from precast concrete elements
- swift and easy installation, irrespective of weather conditions;
- installation is possible from any access point;
- swift and easy repair, easy replacement of separate elements in any place in the chain;
- significantly reduced the scope of maintenance in comparison to steel barriers;
- the possibility of removing in emergency situations and during construction works;
- the barrier does not get damaged in case of a collision with a vehicle moving at mean speed;
- excellent technical results (level of deceleration and working width) in combination with the low price of production and installation.