Prestressed Hollow Core Slabs
Prestressed hollow core slabs are reasonably categorized as the most advanced products in the construction sector. They can satisfy newly established market demands.
Their characteristics are: construction efficiency, highly automated process of production which is environment-friendly, high level of concrete strength, speedy construction, fire resistance, quality of the construction works performance, sustainable construction, etc.
The production of hollow core slabs takes place on runways by the method of extrusion of special concrete with the help of slipform pavers which form slab section with continual interior hollow cores. The production width of slabs is 120cm, the length is variable whereby thickness depends on load and the span of slabs.
The thickness of slabs can be 20cm, 25cm, 30cm, 35cm and 40cm. Depending on load, required span and water resistance, the values are read from the catalog and the types of slabs selected. Tables of bearing capacities in the catalog are used for the selection of the slab type in the stage of preliminary design and they do not replace structural analysis.
Main advantages of prestressed hollow core slabs
- Reduced weight attained by interior hollow cores along the entire length of slabs reduces the cost of building: production requires 40 to 50% less raw materials in comparison with the method of casting in situ; also, the load on the supporting structure is reduced which directly affects the section dimensions of structural members (columns, beams, foundations);
- Great bearing capacity – enables the application of prestressed hollow core slabs in building production plants and storage facilities;
- Good span/depth ratio – directly affects the thickness of interfloor constructions which is lesser in comparison with the thickness of normally cast interfloor slab with supporting beams;
- Flexibility – is achieved by cutting slabs to any length and under different angles;
- Speedy construction – the production of prestressed hollow core slabs is automated and speedy; mounting does not require scaffolding and often it is performed directly from the vehicle to the retaining wall or beam which reduces time nad energy consumption; mounting follow-up processes can start immediately after mounting;
- Number of site personnel reduction – the automation of processes in the factory reduces the required number of members of the site personnel in the production plant and on the construction site in the course of mounting;
- Wide scope of applications – prestressed hollow core slabs ensure long clear spans and great bearing capacities, which is good for building residential buildings, hospitals, schools, sports facilities, industrial plants, depots, commercial facilities,multi-floor garages;
- Adaptability to every system of building – prestressed hollow core slabs can be combined with the precast prefabricated AB construction, monolyth AB construction and steel construction;
- Fire resistance – testing results show that interfloor and roof constructions from prestressed hollow core slabs can resist fire for 120 minutes;
- Excellent acoustic insulation and thermal characteristics – their mass and the level of amortization reduce vibrations of buildings for which this is advisable, including residential facilities, schools, and hospitals;
- Diversity of solutions – long, clear spans ensure functional layout of elements for designers;
- Economical solution – prestressed hollow core slabs reduce building costs, exploitation costs, as well as costs of renovation and dismounting (demolition);
- Ecological product – the production and mounting of prestressed hollow core slabs are environmentally safe for several reasons: reduced use of raw materials and energy, noise reduction, reduction of dust and hazardous substances emission, facilitated and controlled treatment of waste materials;
- The possibility of recovery and recycling – the essential advantage of the precast prefabricated building is the possibility of dismounting and redesigning existing precast prefabricated facilities.
Elements are produced in smooth formwork in the factory under controlled conditions. For the production of prefabricated elements the company uses self-compacted concrete produced in the completely automated concrete factory within the production complex. The procesing of reinforcement take place in the factory circle making the process of monitoring the whole production easier and more intensive.
Our prefabricated elements can take different profile and variable lengths which ensures their flexibility and wider scope of the application of the prefabricated concrete construction in building construction. The additional capacity to prestress elements enables great construction rasters and the realization of most demanding projects. The prefabricated concrete construction consists of foundation cups, columns, primary roof beams, purlins, interfloor beams, prestressed hollow core slabs, parapet beams.